The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs mandated the constitution of the Independent External Monitor (IEM). IEM consists of the following two members:
- Shri V. K. Shunglu, Ex-Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG)
- Shri P. Shankar, Ex-Chief Vigilance Commissioner (CVC)
The IEM will act as on Oversight Committee for overall process of strategic disinvestment with the following mandate:
- To vet the overall process of valuation of the CPSE/Units.
- To oversee the transaction process of strategic disinvestment of CPSEs/Units.
- To examine and address the grievances received;and
- Any other matter that is referred to IEM by the Government.